Do you put your social media content off until the very last minute? Your followers can probably tell… (sorry just saying). We’re here to tell you it doesn’t have to be the bane of your existence with our top tips for smashing your social media writing:
- For social media content, the best results come with a bit of planning. To take the hassle out of the content/ writing stage, set aside an hour a week to plan your posts. This will take the stress of the “what” out of the writing stage.
- Just start writing; you have to start somewhere. Jot down a few ideas; these will evolve eventually into your message. Set aside and then go back and edit your work. Fresh eyes (and a fresh brain!) will ensure your post is perfect before you click publish.
- Dumb it down (slightly). You know your brand inside out but your target audience won’t necessarily know your jargon, so rather keep it simple.
- Write with your marketing goals in mind – think about the purpose of your campaign and use call-to-actions to drive your followers to do something/ take action.
- Use visuals to enhance your words. If you’re feeling lost on the visual side, don’t despair, see our blog on the importance of strong visual content – read it here.
All in all, social media writing doesn’t have to be difficult. If you put our tips into practice, we guarantee you’ll be creating meaningful content in no time. And if spelling and grammar aren’t your friends – there’s an App for that! Try Grammarly or Hemingway Editor to keep the grammar and spelling trolls at bay…